The Bristol Waste Website
- www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk (the website) is owned and operated by the Bristol Waste Company (Bristol Waste) (company number 09472624), a company registered in England whose registered office is at Albert Road Depot, Albert Road, Bristol, BS2 0XS.
Ownership of data collected through the website
Bristol Waste is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy.
By visiting www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we collect and use your information. If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your information you can contact:
Bristol Waste at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Bristol Waste’s Collection and Use of Your Information
- Information Bristol Waste May Collect From You
Bristol Waste may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give Bristol Waste: You may give Bristol Waste information about you by filling in forms on the website www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk, subscribing to our services (such as SMS text bulletins or email newsletters) or by corresponding with Bristol Waste by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the website, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the website. The information you give Bristol Waste may include your name, date of birth, address, country of residence, e-mail address, photo card ID information and phone number.
- Information Bristol Waste collects about you: Each time you visit the website Bristol Waste may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); tickets and/or journeys you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Information Bristol Waste receives from other sources: Bristol Waste may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Bristol Waste operates or the other services Bristol Waste provides. In this case Bristol Waste will have informed you when Bristol Waste collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on the website. Bristol Waste is also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of Your Information
Bristol Waste uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to Bristol Waste. Bristol Waste will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Bristol Waste and to provide you with the information and services that you request from Bristol Waste;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services Bristol Waste feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, Bristol Waste will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where Bristol Waste permit selected third parties to use your information, Bristol Waste (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Bristol Waste to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Bristol Waste collects your information (the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to Bristol Waste or our services; and
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Information Bristol Waste collects about you. Bristol Waste will use this information:
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Bristol Waste’s efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Bristol Waste serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about products or services that may interest you or them; and
Information Bristol Waste receives from other sources. Bristol Waste may combine this information with information you give to us and information Bristol Waste collects about you. Bristol Waste may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
Bristol Waste may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Bristol Waste may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Bristol Waste enter into with them or you; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Bristol Waste in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
Bristol Waste may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Bristol Waste may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and/or
Where We Store Your Information
The information that Bristol Waste collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Bristol Waste will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to Bristol Waste is stored on Bristol Waste’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where Bristol Waste have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Bristol Waste will do its best to protect your information, Bristol Waste cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Bristol Waste has received your information, Bristol Waste will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your Rights You have the right to ask Bristol Waste not to process your information for marketing purposes. Bristol Waste will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if Bristol Waste intends to use your information for such purposes or if Bristol Waste intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Bristol Waste uses to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to Bristol Waste at email@example.com.
- The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Bristol Waste’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Bristol Waste does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you by Bristol Waste or BCC, or both of us. You can exercise this right by contacting Bristol Waste or BCC at the details below. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs of providing you with details of the information held about you.
Contact for Bristol Waste and BCC
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org