You may be aware that Bristol City Council is facing a challenging financial situation. One of the measures agreed by the Council’s Cabinet to help address this is a reduction in the paid for garden waste service from weekly to fortnightly.
Update (30/6): Please see below for an update regarding the letters residents are receiving explaining the changes to the Garden Waste service.
- As the city moves to fortnightly Garden Waste collections, all residents who pay for this service (the green wheelie bin) are receiving letters confirming their new fortnightly collection dates.
- As part of this process, we have changed the collection weekday for a small number of service users.
- Anyone affected by a weekday change will receive a second letter confirming their new collection day details.
- For these residents it's possible you might receive the letter confirming the change in collection day before you receive your the letter confirming the new fortnightly dates. Please do bear with us if the letters do not arrive in the most logical order.
- We apologise for any confusion this may cause.
The move to fortnightly collections brings Bristol in line with other local authority garden waste services.
This changed service will commence on Monday 3rd July 2017 and your service will continue to be delivered by Bristol Waste.
If you are currently a subscriber to the garden waste service you'll shortly be receiving a letter through the post explaining how the changes personally affect you (please see the update above).
Please note that revised scheduling information will become available on the Council site from the 3rd July.