Long-term litter picking loans
Are you always out picking up litter in your neighbourhood but fed up of not having the right kit? Or do you see a street or park that you would like to give some regular litter picking attention to but don’t know how to get started?
Litter picking – proven to increase feelings of well-being and happiness by up to 100% compared with staying at home.
At Bristol Waste, we know there are lots of people in the city who regularly pick up litter or would love to set up a litter picking group with their neighbours or friends and family. We also know that to do a good job you need the right tools, which is where we come in.
To give a little extra help to all the regular litter pickers across the city, we are running a scheme to lend out litter picking kits on long-term loan. Through our scheme we will provide:
Litter picking sticks
High visibility vests
Bags for collecting recycling and waste
Complete the short form below, telling us:
- where you plan on litter picking regularly
- how often you think you’ll be out and about
- how many kits you’d like to borrow
All we ask for in return is regular updates on your litter picking so we can make a record of the massive contribution so many people make to keeping Bristol clean and tidy. Once we’ve received your application, we’ll be in touch to agree the loan and get you up and running.
- Loanees are not working for, or on behalf of, Bristol Waste Company or Bristol City Council. Neither party can be held responsible for any loss, theft, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of the actions and omissions of participants
- Loanees are required to read and familiarise themselves with the litter picking guidance document and health and safety guidelines
- Loanees are responsible for their own health and safety and ensuring that any participants in their litter picking activities are given a health and safety briefing, in accordance with the health and safety checklist, and that risk assessments are completed when necessary
- All participants under the age of 18 are to be supervised at all times by an adult
- Loanees are responsible for storing borrowed equipment safely and securely and advising Bristol Waste Company of any loss, theft or damage to borrowed equipment as soon as possible
- Loanees are responsible for ensuring any rubbish collected during a litter pick is disposed of safely and responsibly; if required, loanees can arrange for Bristol Waste Company to collect waste at an agreed location by prior arrangement
- Loanees will provide monthly updates to Bristol Waste Company on their litter picking activities
- Failure to use the borrowed equipment regularly or provide updates will result in the equipment having to be returned to Bristol Waste Company
Long-term litter picking kit request form
As part of the loan we will ask that you provide us with monthly updates on your litter picking activities (we will give you a simple electronic form to fill out) so we can make a record of your contribution. By submitting this application you are agreeing that you are happy to provide these updates. Bristol Waste Company is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information. Any personal information provided will be treated and processed inline with our Data Protection Policy and Retention Schedule.
Let us know how you do
Bristol Waste is working in partnership with Mayor Marvin Rees on the city’s first Clean Streets campaign in a bid to make Bristol measurably cleaner by 2020.
Every bag of litter and minute of your time contributes to this campaign and in order to keep the most accurate data, we rely on residents who regularly litter pick to keep us updated on their progress.
Please take a moment after each of your litter picks to fill out this quick form.