Permits for Household Waste and Recycling Centres
Get a permit for your van, pick-up or towing trailer over 1.52 metres (5 feet), to take waste and recycling to your local tip
Once you've applied for a permit the processing and delivery normally take approximately 10 working days. The permit will be sent from the Bristol Waste Company.
Conditions of use
- You must live within the Bristol City Council boundaries
- Waste must be from your own home
- Please note: You cannot get a permit for a business vehicle
Bristol Waste Company operate Bristol's Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips) on behalf of Bristol City Council and issue permits for these sites.
If you would like to apply or reapply for your permit please use one of the following options:
Please download and complete the permit application form below. Then email your completed form to: Permits@bristolwastecompany.co.uk
You’ll need to provide a copy of:
- Vehicle Registration Document (V5 log book, all pages)
- A photo card licence or a valid paper licence
- Council Tax or utility bill from the last three months
Via online form:
Please complete the online application form.
Other ways to apply
To get an application form by post, call us on 0117 304 9580 between Monday and Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
The permit allows:
- Disposal of household waste only
- 12 visits within 12 months of issue date
- Vehicles up to 2.4 metres high. Vehicles exceeding this height will need to use our Avonmouth centre
Checks on permit use
To enter the tip you will need to present on arrival your permit, and details of the type of waste in your vehicle.
If we suspect the waste is not from your own home, or that the permit is being misused, we may cancel your permit or take legal action.
If you arrive in a Car Club or Zipvan vehicle you will only be asked for proof of address (preferably council tax bill or driving licence) to be able to use the site.
Damaged and lost permits
Send us your damaged permit, explaining why it needs replacing. We will send you a new permit.
Write to us to tell us your permit is lost, giving us your name and address. We will send you a new permit with one visit taken off for each month since the issue date.
HWRC Permit Applications
St. Philips, Bristol
- open seven days a week
- 8am until 4.15pm from 22nd October 2018 until 24th March 2019
- 8am until 6.45pm from 25th March until 20th October 2019
- closed 25th, 26th December 2019 and 1st January