Please complete all fields in the form below. All required documents must be added as attachments.
HWRC permit form
I can confirm that I will be carrying waste from my own home and in my own vehicle, unless hired. I confirm that I will not be carrying commercial or industrial waste in my vehicle. I will not loan my vehicle or permit to anyone.
Terms and conditions
- Permits are free of charge and issued per household.
- Permits are vehicle, person and address specific.
- You must be the vehicle owner to apply for a permit.
- If you move home or change your vehicle you will need to apply for a new permit. Existing permit needs to be enclosed with your application.
- A copy of your Vehicle Registration Document (V5 log book providing all pages of the V5 document), your photo card driving licence and a recent Council Tax or utility bill must be enclosed with your application. We are unable to process your application without this evidence.
- You will need to show your permit to staff on every visit. Details of your visit, including the type of waste you bring in, may be logged.
- You may be subject to spot checks to ensure you are a Bristol resident.
- After the permit expiry date you will need to renew your permit. Any unused visits are not transferable.
- You can only use the permit to dispose of waste from the address where the permit is registered.
- The permit cannot be used to dispose of waste from a business. This includes traders carrying out work in your home or a landlord bringing in waste from their rented properties.
- A limit on certain waste types is in operation at our Household Waste Recycling Centre. This affects all residents including permit holders.