Privacy Notice: What we do with your personal data
Bristol Waste Website
www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk (the website) is owned and operated by Bristol Waste Company (Bristol Waste) (company number 09472624), a company registered in England whose registered office is at Albert Road Depot, Albert Road, Bristol, BS2 0XS.
About this Privacy Notice
Bristol Waste is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy.
Bristol Waste is responsible for ensuring we only collect the information necessary to provide you with a service, to only share your information when it has a legal basis to do so, and to ensure we maintain the highest standards necessary to protect your information.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we collect and use your information. If you have any questions about this notice or our use of your information you can contact Bristol Waste at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this notice will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this notice.
Bristol Waste’s Collection and Use of Your Information
Bristol Waste may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give Bristol Waste:
- you may give Bristol Waste information about you by filling in forms on the website www.bristolwastecompany.co.uk, subscribing to our services (such as SMS text bulletins or email newsletters), attending events, or by corresponding with Bristol Waste by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the website, apply for jobs, take part in litter picks, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, make a complaint, submit and enquiry, apply for a Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) permit, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the website. The information you give Bristol Waste may include your name, date of birth, address, country of residence, photo consent, education and skills, e-mail address, photo card ID information and phone number.
- copies of personal information (i.e. drivers license, Council tax bill, etc.), provided as part of the HRRC permit application, are deleted once they have been reviewed as part of the application process.
Information Bristol Waste collects about you: Each time you visit the website Bristol Waste may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); tickets and/or journeys you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Bristol Waste records incoming calls that we receive to our Customer Services Team. These calls are recorded for training and quality purposes and are kept inline with our Data Protection Policy and Retention Schedule.
- Information Bristol Waste receives from other sources: Bristol Waste may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Bristol Waste operates or the other services Bristol Waste provides.
- Bristol Waste may also process information about you from the use of CCTV at our sites. The CCTV is used for crime prevention purposes and for protecting the safety of visitors and staff.
- Bristol Waste live streams traffic footage from our two HRRC sites onto our website. This is to enable residents to view how busy the sites are before they travel and to improve traffic management.
- Bristol Waste staff have body-worn cameras in use at the two Household Reuse and Recycling Centres. The key objectives of the cameras are to discourage physical assaults, aggressive or abusive behaviour against staff and to investigate any complaints, grievances or health and safety incidents.
- Bristol Waste has 360 degree cameras fitted to recycling and refuse vehicles for the purposes of Health and Safety of employees and members of the public and for the investigation of accidents, incidents, compliance and near misses. Please email email@example.com for a copy of our Fleet and Site CCTV Policies.
- Bristol Waste is also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of your information
Bristol Waste uses information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to Bristol Waste. Bristol Waste will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Bristol Waste and to provide you with the information and services that you request from Bristol Waste;
- for recruitment purposes;
- to investigate any complaints;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services Bristol Waste feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, Bristol Waste will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where Bristol Waste permit selected third parties to use your information, Bristol Waste (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Bristol Waste to use your information in this way, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Bristol Waste collects your information (the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to Bristol Waste or our services; and
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information Bristol Waste collects about you. Bristol Waste will use this information:
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Bristol Waste’s efforts to keep the website and our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Bristol Waste serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information Bristol Waste receives from other sources
Bristol Waste may combine this information with information you give to us and information Bristol Waste collects about you. Bristol Waste may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
Bristol Waste may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This will be done under the compliance of GDPR.
Bristol Waste may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Bristol Waste enter into with them or you; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Bristol Waste in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
Bristol Waste may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Bristol Waste may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and/or
Where we store your information
All information you provide to Bristol Waste is stored on Bristol Waste’s secure servers. Any hard copies of personal information are kept securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where Bristol Waste have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Bristol Waste will do its best to protect your information, Bristol Waste cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Bristol Waste has received your information, Bristol Waste will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we will keep your information for
We will keep your information only as long as we need to. Sometimes the law tells us how long we much keep personal data for.
We have a retention schedule which lists all the categories of personal data we keep and when it must be deleted by. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of Bristol Waste's Retention Schedule.
You can exercise your right to restrict processing where appropriate at any time by writing to Bristol Waste at email@example.com.
You have the right to ask Bristol Waste not to process your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Bristol Waste uses to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to Bristol Waste at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to have any inaccurate information corrected. In certain circumstances you have the right to have data held about you erased, or the use of it restricted. You may be able to object to procession as well as have the right to have your data transferred to another data controller. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting email@example.com.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Bristol Waste’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Bristol Waste does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Access to Personal Information
Bristol Waste tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a 'Subject Access Request'. If we do hold information about you we will:
- provide confirmation that your personal data is being processed by Bristol Waste
- give a description and copy of the personal data
- outline the reasons why the data is being processed
- provide details of who we have, or might, give it to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you wish to see information held by Bristol Waste about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints or Queries
Bristol waste tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you believe Bristol Waste has not complied with your data protection rights, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/
Contact for Bristol Waste
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.