Access to Household Waste Recycling Centres
Please note that proof of Bristol residency is now required
Access to the city's two Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips), at Avonmouth and St Phillip's, is restricted to Bristol residents.
From 4th September 2017 to use the tips you must present valid ID confirming Bristol residency.
These measures are designed to help reduce long queues and save the city money.
We only accept:
- UK drivers licence with a current Bristol address
- Photo ID & Bristol City Council tax bill
- Photo ID & utility bill with a Bristol address
- Student ID card identifying you as a Bristol student
Officially recognised identification includes:
- Driving licence, including international driving licences
- National Union of Students (NUS) card
- European Economic Area (EEA) member state ID card
- Construction Identity Scheme (CIS) card
We accept both paper or mobile bills.
Please note: failure to present the correct identification will prevent you from entering and using the tip.
We appreciate your understanding as we conduct more frequent ID checks.
If you have any general questions or concerns about this new policy then get in touch on 0117 922 2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot provide the necessary evidence listed above and feel you need an letter of exception then contact us on HWRC.Enquiries@bristolwastecompany.co.uk.